Monday, June 30, 2008

Week 16

It is the beginning of week 16! The baby should be able to see light and is beginning to develop his/her hearing! So cool. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of my baby belly to add right now, but maybe you would like to hear what's been going on.

I do have a baby belly and my normal clothes really do not fit anymore. Chelsea gave me a great invention called the bella band which lets me wear my normal shorts and pants for awhile longer, but my shirts are definitely getting too small. In the past two weeks my appetite has come one with a vengeance. I eat all the time! This is going to get expensive, I can tell...

I am not sure if I have felt the baby move yet. There have been several times where I think - that could be it! But, I'm not sure.

I need to sleep on my side now, but it is really uncomfortable. I woke up this morning with pretty strong hip pain that kept me up from 5am on. I've been reading up on how to prevent that. My friend Erin tells me that Scandinavian women are supposedly more susceptable to hip pain in pregnancy - yuck!

We are going to find out the baby's gender on August 5th as long as he/she cooperates and gives us a good view! We are getting really excited. I bought a bunch of yarn to crochet a gender-neutral blanket and Tim already set up the basinette/crib that will go in our room for the first several months! The crib made it really seem real. We are going to have a baby! Craziness. :)

No comments: