Monday, June 2, 2008

We're pregnant!

Many of you already know that Tim and I are pregnant. What you don't know is what has been happening the last two months. Right after we found out, I had some spotting which completely freaked me out. I went to the doctor as soon as I could and she ordered an early ultra sound which we had at seven and a half weeks. Here's the first picture of our baby! She/he was 15mm from head to rump here.

Unfortunately, I got a call from the doctor several days later that the ultra sound showed the placenta had separated from the uterus which caused me to freak out again. So we had another ultra sound to see if the placenta had begun to reattach itself two weeks after the first one. Here is our baby at 9 weeks. This ultra sound wasn't as exciting as the first one because we were so nervous. I think the baby was about 3cm here. It was cool because we could see the arms and legs. One of the arms is fairly visible here.So, after that ultra sound we discovered that the placenta had begun to reattach. (Praise God!) Just to be sure, we had a third ultra sound at 11 weeks. We were both more relaxed during this one. The technician showed us parts of the brain as well as the legs - which are long! :) On Thursday, the baby was a little over 2 inches long and its heart was beating 164 bpm. The picture below shows the face which looks slightly like an alien, but I'm sure will be a beautiful baby in 6 months.As far as I know everything is ok and the placenta is still reattaching. I think I felt the baby move the other day, like a fluttering in my stomach. I was pretty surprised and hoped it would happen again, but it didn't.
I am already wearing some maternity clothes which might be unusual at 12 weeks. I never got very sick, just some nausea and I've been very very tired - especially in the middle of finals week about three weeks ago. Ugh. I haven't craved any food, but I've been very sick of eating since I'm hungry a lot. I think those first semester symptoms are beginning to die down. I'm getting my energy back which is great since Tim and I are driving all the way to WI tomorrow to spend the rest of the week with his family and then half of next week with mine.
I'll update again soon with some pictures of me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay! make sure you put up all of the ultra sounds! and pictures of you getting bigger and bigger:)!